tag automatically in (or prior to) lightroom ?

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Maay
New MemberPosts: 4Gear list
Like?
tag automatically in (or prior to) lightroom ?
Mar 6, 2012

I am about to start using LR4, never used LR before, to handle a workflow of about 100k picts and growing. Just thinking about having to tag all of these makes me hesitate to start.

Do you know of any way to at tag them automatically, even if it means using an external software ? Tagging for known faces like Picasa does for example, but how do you export those tags into LR ? I know Elements does a bit of face recognition, but isn't as fast as Picasa does, and I am not sure that you can import the tags into LR either.

Or maybe LR is sufficient to quickly tag batches of picts and even 100k+ picts means only a couple of days work ? I am not familiar with the software yet...

Do do you any ideas on how to pre-tag a large amount of pictures and get me started ?
Thanks

Maay's gear list:Maay's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow