I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...

Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
Sixpm
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
Re: I just saw 5dmk3 and Nikon D800 samples on their official sites and I'm...
In reply to maboleth, Mar 6, 2012

We are now so far off the traditional film photography where 95% of the prints made in the old film day are usually below 16" x 12". A modern good 12MP camera can easily out resolve the 35mm film and print quality easily surpass film. To me photography is never about just pure resolving power, photography is about the atmosphere and the mood that we can capture, or to express our creativity, as some of the best photographs were never about sharpness, it is all about 'feel'.

I think most people are just chasing for technology and have forgotten how to make timeless romantic pictures. I see that any camera, lens, format are a tool, a brush to serve one mean, and that is to interpret an express from our minds eyes.

I use all format, all sizes as each has it's look about them, one is NOT BETTER THAN ANOTHER, they do have their characteristics and should not be compared it's merit in terms of sharpness and resolution.

Time to go back to the actual photography which matters.

Sixpm's gear list:Sixpm's gear list
Sony RX1R Fujifilm X-Pro1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Haw!New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow