Need a "Wheeled Bag" recommendation...

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
Higuma
Higuma MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,418
Like?
Some things to consider - pics included...
In reply to bbbinohio, Mar 6, 2012

In regard to the "basic" usefulness of most bags - you will find the big 3 the same in terms of capability - they will hold the equipment safely, they will go in an overhead compartment of "most" planes, they will roll well etc etc...,

IMO however after many years of being a self-confessed CBW ( Camera Bag Whore ) I can honestly say that - with full confidence of experience - that the rolling bags from Think Tank Photo are just THAT much better that after you own one for a while you will wonder how you could have ever managed without them...

The Airport International is a virtual "Tardis" when it comes to holding gear and the smoothness with which it rolls without acting "tipsy" is the best...

Small things matter- the devil is in the details - and if you could see one of these ThinkTank products for a few minutes you would see the differences plain as day...

Here are a few photos on a configuration I was using about 3 years ago with an Airport International V2.0 - - I have since refined this configuration as some items come and go but this should give you a basic idea of what is capable...

BTW - The Tamarac bag and wheels referenced above look great BUT how do you go about changing one of those wheels when they break when the axles are riveted on ?? Think tank wheels are lifetime garaunteed and if you ever break one they will send you a replacement set free of charge - and they are user replaceable...

-- hide signature --

Cheers...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow