Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DWEverett
Contributing MemberPosts: 555Gear list
Like?
Question on the FF rumors
Mar 6, 2012

I don't really expect Sony to produce any more OVF cameras but for the purpose of this thread, assume that they are planning to introduce an a99 slt with 24mp and an a950 ovf with 36mp.

If anything it seems more logical to me that they would reverse the sensors. I would guess that the reason for the 24mp camera would be to focus on a more sports/PJ design. That's the one purpose that the SLT isn't ideally suited for at this point. On the otherhand, they would want to showcase the SLT technology and the high mp design would help do that (overall enthusiasm for the nikon d800 is way higher than the D5mk3)

Maybe if one assumes that the 24mp is designed to compete with the D4 / 1Dx but again, that's a stretch for the EVF at least in it's A77 incarnation.

The other option is that the 24mp camera is geared primarily towards being THE video capable SLR in the market. If that's the diffenciator then the SLT makes total sense.

Again, I don't really expect the 950 so it's a mostly academic question.

DWEverett's gear list:DWEverett's gear list
Nikon D700 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +2 more
Canon EOS-1D Nikon D4 Nikon D800 Sony SLT-A77 Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow