Started Mar 6, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
asalcedo
Regular MemberPosts: 256
Like?
Canon, you have lost a big spender. I've just waited too long
Mar 6, 2012

I have spent tens of thousands of dollars on most of your best lenses, from the macro to the super teles, including zooms and tilt and shift.

I stopped upgrading both my lenses and bodies when I went from the 1DsII to a 39 Mp Hasselblad and confirmed that the IQ I was getting from you was far behind what MF offered.

I have still kept my Canon gear in the hope that one day you would come with a body that would allow me to shoot studio, landscapes and cropped wild life in the lighter 1D or 5D body formats.

It seems to me that either you don't care much about our type of photographers or that your sensor technology has indeed lagged behind, OR both.

In any case, I do not have from you yet a good body that will justify upgrading or even keeping my Canon lenses.

If we do get final confirmation of the IQ of the Nikon D800, for me a better strategy is to get that body and slowly build my Nikon lens line up.

My willingness to upgrade my present lenses at the moment is zero. My willingness to start selling them is higher than ever.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1Ds Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow