ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thats no moon
New MemberPosts: 10
Like?
MF assist with "dumb" adapter help
Mar 5, 2012

Hi all,

Trying to use my J1 with a telescope (T2) mount. It seems like it may be very useful for detailed shots of the moon and (I hope) some planets. That crop factor has already given me more impressive images than I achieved with my old D7000.

Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to judge the very fine focusing required with my setup. More often than not, I find myself wanting a MF assist zoom in order to get it right.

I have not found any way to activate this using a "dumb" lens/adapter. Shooting in M mode with MF selected and according to the manual I should just hit the OK button to bring up the zoom. Works perfectly well trying to focus a proper lens but at that stage it also shows a focusing scale so it must be tied to that function.

I realise the MF assist is actually pretty bad anyway but if anyone knows how to activate it, even that noisy mess that is displayed on screen might give me a bit of help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Nikon 1 J1 Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow