Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
AV Janus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,854Gear list
Like?
Got to play with it today... >:-) OM-D that is... :-P
Mar 5, 2012

I had a play with the camera at local Olympus headquarters. Called ahead and just announced myself. They were more than happy to let my play with it. Took a few of the most boring ISO ladder shots home with me. I was using their 12mm. In RAW and JPEG

Some of my noobish experiences coming from D7000:
Won't mention AF since it is a non issue (How Fuji must wish to say the same...)

The IBIS works like magic. You literally must shake the camera almost 1cm in any direction for it to show in video. Sorcery!!

The guy said he tried it with 600mm FL equivalent (75-300mm probably) and he was very happy how the camera IBIS handled that FL!

EVF is nice and bright, good colors. Works great with glasses. Looks bigger when used with glasses. Almost no corner cutting. When used without glasses it looks smaller and more "deep inside"

We tried mounting an Olympus angular optical finder on it. Works great! That means other VF accessories from older models can be easily clipped on.
Will be fun to see how it will work with an extra magnifier. (1.33x)

Oh, Camera is small and turning the Main command dial will pose a bit of an issue with left eye shooters like me... (Damn that nose, first it blocks AF-On button on the Nikon now this, a bit more trouble than AF-ON button I think)... right eye dominant, no problems.

Shutter sounds pretty loud and strong. And you can feel unmistakeably on your hands it go of when holding the camera.

Needless to say I am 1st on the list and dumping my Nikon load on the market.
--
Rick Halle wrote:

" Keep in mind that tall buildings sway back and forth so they require faster shutter speeds."

AV Janus's gear list:AV Janus's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow