60D - Red light always blinking

Started Mar 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
Hans and Lidy
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
Re: 60D - Red light always blinking
In reply to Hans and Lidy, Mar 5, 2012

My last post was about 8 months ago. But since September 2011 the 'red light blinking' is over and never came back.

I can only think of one good reason: and that is the brand of SD card you are using. At first we used the Adata 32Gb class 10 SD card that we bought together with the camera.

To examine some options I tried a Sandisk 4Gb card I normally use in a compact. That worked well. the blinking stopped quickly. After taking a burst of RAW's it blinked longer of course, but still after a normal time of processing it stopped.

Through this test the awkward feeling grew of not trusting the 32Gb of Adata anymore. I considered the risk too high of loosing all my pictures when the card should crash. Especially when it is a total size of 32Gb, that's quite a bunch of pictures.

So we decided to sell the Adata and buy Sandisk as replacement.
Not a single day of regret.

The blinking stopped. Just the normal processing times and then it is gone.

We invested right in buying the Extreme Pro cards of Sandisk. Two cards of 16 Gb each.

The write speed is superb!!! 45Mb per second! so in 'class terminology' it would be a class 45, however the class indication does not go further than class 10 unfortunately.

Really... I would never do without them anymore. Especially when you shoot RAW, you shouldn't want to go for less than the fastest! (and the reliability of Sandisk)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow