Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
aidan obsidian
Regular MemberPosts: 252
Like?
A more technical question
Mar 5, 2012

For a project I'm going to be working on for school I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me out. For this project we have to use a scanner to create an image. In the past I have simply placed objects on the scanner and moved them around to create distortion but since I have gotten into photography I have a few lens to try out. The scanner is a typical size, about 8.5 x 11. What I am wondering is what distance have to be for the lenses to create an image? I know the K mount has a specific registration distance, but can that length be extended to cover a larger area? vignetting and other types of distortions are welcome, I'm just curious how to make full use of the larger area if possible (maybe some sort of pinhole would work too?)

I have the m50 1.7, m28 3.5, k105 2.8, 135 2.8, and a m200 f4.

I was thinking of having the scanner bed with the cover/lid removed in a light proof box with a mount in the middle.

Pentax Optio M20 Pentax Optio M50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow