Upgrading everything, double checking my math + expectations...

Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ericppp
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Upgrading everything, double checking my math + expectations...
Mar 5, 2012

Here I sit on a PowerPC G5 Mac Pro, running Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign CS2, all set to upgrade all of the above.

I expect new iMacs to come out sometime within the 3-4 months, and CS6 to be released within the same timeframe.

I'll buy a new iMac the day it comes out.

Once CS6 comes out, doing a single CS upgrade won't be possible (CS2 -> CS6), right?

So I'll have to do a double (CS2 -> CS5.5 -> CS6), which will still be cheaper than buying CS6 outright with no upgrade pricing.

I was planning to wait until I had a machine that could run any of these upgrades before purchasing them... but if CS6 comes out before the new iMacs, will I be up a creek, with no upgrade option at all? Does it really make sense to buy an upgrade I won't be able to install simply so that I can buy a second upgrade that I WILL be able to install in a few months for a cheaper price? This is the conclusion I've reached, but it seems crazy so I wanted to run it by the internet first!

Thanks...

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow