Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hypercore360
Contributing MemberPosts: 737Gear list
Like?
Nikkor 14-24: Uses
Mar 5, 2012

Hoping to hear from people that own the Nikkor 14-24 on how you use it?

I have decided on getting the Nikkor 24-70, but now trying to decide between the 14-24 or 16-35 for landscape. Cost is not the biggest concern. I have the cash to get the more expensive. With that being said, I'm curious to know if the 14-24 is not as good as it sounds for landscapes, and/or are it's uses more for indoor architecture, or is it a spectacular landscape lens?

If you have useful comments about your personal experience with the 14-24, would love to hear the good, bad and ugly about it.

The one issue that keeps coming up a lot from people is that for landscapes, filters are essential. I agree, but have you been able to work around that or simply get the Lee filter holder or some other equivalent (more recently available at a more reasonable price) and have that be the solution to the filter issue.

Cheers

hypercore360's gear list:hypercore360's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon D90 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow