Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
TheLastMan
Regular MemberPosts: 410Gear list
Like?
SD card - corrupted file recovery?
Mar 5, 2012

I accidentally, and rather stupidly, pulled the SD card from my K-5 while it was switched on. I then tried to copy photos on the card onto my laptop.

The file format was RAW+JPG and most of the pictures are corrupted. Where affected it is both the RAW and the JPG files that have problems. The RAW files won't convert in the camera or using the Pentax Digital Camera Utility.

I had been happily browsing the files in-camera before I took the card out, so I know it was working before I tried to copy files off it.

Has anybody successfully repaired files on an SD card that have been corrupted in this way? There is a program, "CardRecovery" ( http://www.cardrecovery.com/ ) that claims to be able to do this. Has anybody here tried it? Any other software that you can recommend?

Thanks for any help.

p.s. I think I will just download images using the USB cable on the camera in future rather than pulling the SD card out.

TheLastMan's gear list:TheLastMan's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR
Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow