Started Mar 5, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
fcna72
Regular MemberPosts: 215Gear list
Like?
14-42x issues reported to Panasonic warranty
Mar 5, 2012

Like many people in this forum, I find my photos taken with the lens at 42mm (associated with GX1) unacceptably soft and blurry.

2 weeks ago, I went to the local panasonic warranty service centre in Singapore who have communicated with the Panasonic factory in JPN. The local contact advises that he was one of the first to report the GH1 loose lug issues (so I think he knows the panasonic internal process well).

After 2 weeks, he just advised that Panasonic JPN asked for my lens to be shipped to them for further investigation. Not sure if this is comfort that they are taking the problem seriously or not but I hope this will help nail down the issue.

I would have thought that given the large number of issues reported, they didn't feel the need to get my copy to investigate but I will be lent in the meantime a copy of their test model (which can't be worst than mine)...the serial number of both are very similar (starting with HH) so doubt it'll be any better.

Will update further in a few weeks time when I hear back...if anyone else is working with their local panasonic centre, pls feel free to share.

fcna72's gear list:fcna72's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow