K5 vs Sony alpha 77

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
LaFonte
Senior MemberPosts: 2,648Gear list
Like?
Re: I have both
In reply to kentokun12, Mar 5, 2012

I personally don't try to get camera that does everything - for video and fun I carry the Sony TX10 which is also fully waterproof (you can swim with it) and small like a thin wallet. So I use whatever dslr I like to use but have the tx10 always on me in a jacket pocket.

Incidentally the tx10 has also almost no power drainage in off position. You can have it a whole year in your jacket and the battery will not drain. .. for me this works better than to insist on all-in-one dslr that you can't always have with you all the time. The video is pretty amazing from the tiny thing.

kentokun12 wrote:

Thank you all for your perspective on Sony! It is always amazing to hear from multiple pros and enthusiasts. There is always something that I had not thought of. I actually looked at alpha 77 when I was visiting Japan last week. But I was also looking at NEX 7,, Fuji x100 or other models and not keenly paying attention in terms of comparison. I printed out the comments from you and made a quick note in my own words to help this family member/relative.

My thought on it is that I love K5 and I have a hard time enthused about another camera right now. But the video capability is definitely something K5 does not have in terms of focusing during the shooting etc....But that is not the reason why I have my camera. Each person has to really think about how they would use it and what they are looking for out of the camera.

All the comments were helpful. Thank you SOO much.

LaFonte's gear list:LaFonte's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-Pro1 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow