ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The Angry Oak
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
A learner: 60D or 5Dmk2
Mar 5, 2012

Guys, I would appreciate some help.

I have done a bit of photography about 15 years ago and want to get back into it.

I bought a 7D and own a EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS USM & a 50mm 1.8 (plus a couple of poor quality lenses accumulated by my wife). The AF on the 7D was woeful, and once the guys at the camera store said that the fwd & back focusing was an issue with my body & didn't seem to like my 17-55, I returned it. Had the lens tested & it tested better than the 24-70 L.

Here is my question, now that I'm a bit gun shy of the 7d & have ruled out another, I need to choose what is the best camera for me to use and learn digital photography. Obviously a FF would be Superior, but given my inexperience, would it be more prudent to learn on a body like the 60D and when I have mastered that move up to one of the 5d's.

or

Is it best just to ebay my 17-55 & go FF immediately.

My interests? are stills and I enjoy street, equestrian & animals (with some landscape). But I'm in the discovery phase again

Thx in advance

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow