Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ArabiaSandStorm
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Here is my theory about 5DM3 pricing...
Mar 4, 2012

My theory is that Canon fooled Nikon in thinking that the the 5DM3 will be priced similar to 5DM2, so Nikon had to price D800 close to what they thought 5DM3 will sell at. I am sure if Nikon announced D800 AFTER 5DM3 they would have jacked the price up also.

I remember that Nikon in the past always waited for Canon to announce first, then they make there announcement afterwards, but canon would deliver within weeks while nikon will announce competing product, but will delver 2-3 months later, i guess to have time to update specs to compete with Canon...

just a thought. Personally, I am happy that Canon did not up the MP and I am sure that the 5DM3 will be a superb low light FF camera. I pre-ordered with Amazon the moment it was listed (I was lucky it is noon here when it was listed on Amazon. I am pretty sure I am on the first 100.

Canon EOS 5D Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow