Age Old Question: To Upgrade or Not. D50 to D7000 Need Some Advice

Started Feb 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jorge Lacomba
Regular MemberPosts: 162Gear list
Like?
Re: Age Old Question: To Upgrade or Not. D50 to D7000 Need Some Advice
In reply to tray48, Mar 4, 2012

tray48 wrote:

Yes I did consider the 5100, but many of my lenses don't have motors so the focusing would manual. For my macro lens that is not too much of a problem since I focus manually for close up work. But for the other lenses, yes I could focus manually if necessary, but that's an added step when trying to quickly grab a shot. Also , with my D50 I have gotten very comfortable with a dedicated ISO button as well as the LCD on the top. The latter is very useful for quickly checking a lot of the settings.

Hopefully I don't sound too much like an old timer for saying this (I'll be 64 next week) but it seems a number of great features Nikon put on their older lower end cameras like the D50, are now only available on the higher end DSLR's. It's that kind of change that made me somewhat hesitant to upgrade.

Hi, I upgraded from a D80 to a D5100 and I strongly recommend you go for the D7000. In some matters my D5100 is a downgrade from the D80: i.e. in terms of direct buttons available, the lack of internal focussing motor, and I also expected more regarding the AF-C dynamic focus. So, I Completely agree with you on this one: GO FOR THE D7000!!. On the other hand, the sensor upgrade is great on both the D5100 and D7000.
--
JLC.

Jorge Lacomba's gear list:Jorge Lacomba's gear list
Nikon D7000 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF)
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow