x-Pro1, D800E and 5DIII best for Weddings?

Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Waltersmatthews
Regular MemberPosts: 199Gear list
Like?
x-Pro1, D800E and 5DIII best for Weddings?
Mar 4, 2012

I have an order in for the D800E which is tentatively scheduled for April delivery.

It is a difficult decision and perhaps the best wedding camera has already been shipped and I should get one now. What I am thinking is that the most important feature in a wedding camera missing from what I have now is low light performance and there is a good chance that the best high iso performance camera is not among the three I listed in the title.

I'm talking about the Nikon D700.

The larger per pixel capture area of the D700 should give it an advantage in low light performance but all three of the cameras listed in the title are almost 3 years newer in the development cycle so while they are at a disadvantage in per pixel caprure area they should be improved in noise supression.

The recent DPReview hi-iso comparison of the 5DIII was an eye opener for me and if the same set up is used to evaluate the D800E and the x-Pro 1 I would be grateful. According to what I see in the comparison, I would be comfortable shooting the 5DIII all the way down to 25600 which is 4 full stops lower light than 3200 which is where I am comfortable going with my 1DsIII. That is a big improvement but where would the D700 rank and where will the x-Pro 1 and the D800E end up.

Interesting times ahead....

Waltersmatthews's gear list:Waltersmatthews's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Pentax 645D Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon D5300 +4 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1Ds Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D700 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow