Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edan
Forum MemberPosts: 59
Like?
NEX-7 Tips and Tricks Thread
Mar 4, 2012

Being a new NEX-7 owner I would be very interested to hear from fellow users about useful tips and tricks for the camera. I'm sure these tips would be useful to many others so possibly this thread could be a repository for these tips.

As an example I've included a tip in the bullet below based on an observation that the camera is quite aggressive in choosing high ISO settings in program mode in favor of very fast shutter speeds:

• Keep the camera in aperture priority mode rather than program mode if you with to prioritize lower auto ISO settings. While the command dials fulfill the same functions in both modes (e.g. the left command dial changes apeture allowing the camera to correspondingly adjusts the shutter speed and ISO), in aperture priority mode the camera seems to prioritize for lowest possible ISO setting, keeping the shutter speed at it's absolute slowest but preventing camera shake (e.g. 1/80 for 50mm lens). In program mode the camera seems to prioritize high iso in favor of fast shutter speeds (possibly to freeze action shots).

I have seen many other useful tips interspersed in these forums in the last few months. Would be great to include links to these threads where relevant. (One I can recall was about handhold twilight shooting mode for low light.) If so, if one could give a quick summary of this tip before linking to the thread this would be helpful.

Possibly also to differentiate discussions around the tips it may be useful, when introducing a new tip, to bullet it as above (placing a dash "-" before the tip). This would allow readers to skim thru the thread and read just the tips if they so choose.

Fellow NEX-3/5 owners, please also contribute as I'm sure many of the tips would apply across the camera models.

Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow