Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mgblack74
Senior MemberPosts: 1,611Gear list
Like?
Just picked up a used 14-24. Two words: Re-diculous
Mar 4, 2012

I have the 16-35 VR, but for wedding work, during reception dancing, I get in with the crowd and wanted a wider lens. For real estate I wanted a straighter lens, and 2 extra mm is helpful when fixing distortion in PP. Faster is just a side benefit. I really do like my 16-35, but hot damn the 14-24 is sharp. I tend to use ultra wide zooms at their widest mostly; when I shot DX and had a Tokina 11-16 I was at 11mm most of the time. I have a few fast primes, and true to its reputation, it challenges them in sharpness. No samples to show just yet. Weight is no big deal. The way people describe it is over- hyped run that regard. It actually balances quite well on a D3s vs the 16-35. If you're thinking about it, do it. Looking forward to mounting it on my ordered D800!
--
"You're guaranteed to miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

mgblack74's gear list:mgblack74's gear list
Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon PC-E Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G +7 more
Nikon D3S Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow