Started Mar 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mdziados
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
100-400 L Sharpness Problems
Mar 4, 2012

I have had this lens for a little less than a month now and i'm still trying to figure out if the lens i have is a good copy or not. I'm hoping someone can help me out here. It seems as if some of the photos are not completely focused or are kind of blurry when i crop to 100%. I have 2 examples that I will post below.

Background on the photos I'm putting up
Camera - Canon 60D
No tripod
I'll post the settings with each photo below.

This photo cropped to 100% and seems to be quite sharp and has a great amount of detail.

Original -

100% Crop

This photo looks good until I zoomed in to 100% and then you can tell there is detail missing and it's not as sharp. This is the common thing i've been having happen with this lens and I'm starting to think that even at shutter speeds up to 1/400 I've been getting similar results. Even when i put the lens on my 5D Mk II the same thing happens however sometimes shutter speed doesn't matter even when it's about 1/400. Does this look like motion blur or is it a focusing issue or some other issue that is going on with the lens.
Original

100% Crop

-- hide signature --
 mdziados's gear list:mdziados's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow