Nikkor 17-55 f2.8 or Sigma 17-50 f2.8?

Started Feb 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Visualiza
Regular MemberPosts: 141
Like?
Re: Lay off already.
In reply to SunLyte, Mar 4, 2012

You seem to think that people should rigidly fit into categories and be judged as you see fit. Sorry, but the world doesn't work that way. You certainly love to label and criticize, yet you have a problem with taking any criticism yourself, evidenced by how you've dodged what has been said about you so far. "Advice is like castor oil, easy to give, but dreadful to take."

You were totally unprovoked with the rude things you declared in your initial post about what business an amateur had being so discerning, attacking him for giving an opinion, and then shoehorning him as a P&S shooter. The one thing you couldn't let go of; however, was the individual's statement on knowing next to nothing about photography. Why on earth would you take something like that at face value? Self-deprecating wit, perhaps? Yet here you are lecturing me on exaggeration.

The fact of the matter is that it isn't your business telling people what type of photographer they should or shouldn't be, nor is it to try and discredit someone from simply sharing an opinion on any piece of gear simply because they're not up to your qualifications. Got a problem with someone using high caliber gear for reasons that differ from your own? Tough. It's their money, their choice, and their freedom to do so.

On a separate note, that's very astute of you to notice that I didn't disagree with your point. Apparently you think that neglecting to respond is synonymous with agreement, when in fact I couldn't care less. My issue wasn't with your stance or opinions on the matter of the lens. I respect the viewpoints and opinions of others, but it's your petty attitude that I can't abide. Anyway, this is the last time I'm addressing the matter, as these types of exchanges tend to go nowhere.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow