PIX 2015

5d MkIII & 1D-x - What I do not understand...

Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,940Gear list
5d MkIII & 1D-x - What I do not understand...
Mar 3, 2012

... is why they are making 2 sensors for 2 different cameras that are - apparently - so close together in resolution: Common sense would suggest to build in the same sensor in both or make 2 sensors that are distictively apart, like 18 and 28MP for instance.

But 18 and 22 really seems odd to me. Those are now 2 cameras that suggest - to me at least - that canon does not know what they want.

1d-x seems the typical pro sport shooter camera, for "reportage" however the 5dIII with top grade AF and 6fps seems to be all that is ever needed - the (wealthy) amateurs will find that the 5d III is exactly what the 5d series should have always been.

So the 1dx seems to have a weaker place in the line- up, scpecially seen the substantial price difference.

So, what do you think: Why 18 and 22? Very strange....

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow