5d MkIII & 1D-x - What I do not understand...

Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bernie Ess
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,911Gear list
Like?
5d MkIII & 1D-x - What I do not understand...
Mar 3, 2012

... is why they are making 2 sensors for 2 different cameras that are - apparently - so close together in resolution: Common sense would suggest to build in the same sensor in both or make 2 sensors that are distictively apart, like 18 and 28MP for instance.

But 18 and 22 really seems odd to me. Those are now 2 cameras that suggest - to me at least - that canon does not know what they want.

1d-x seems the typical pro sport shooter camera, for "reportage" however the 5dIII with top grade AF and 6fps seems to be all that is ever needed - the (wealthy) amateurs will find that the 5d III is exactly what the 5d series should have always been.

So the 1dx seems to have a weaker place in the line- up, scpecially seen the substantial price difference.

So, what do you think: Why 18 and 22? Very strange....

Bernie
--

'All the technique in the world doesn’t compensate for the inability to notice.' (Elliot Erwitt)

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow