Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Ken53
Senior MemberPosts: 1,470Gear list
Like?
Insane pricing... Canons new attitude
Mar 3, 2012

This is somewhat of a cross post from Canon Talk but since the new 5D was just increased about 30% in price I thought this might be the place to post this.

Canon recently has been raising prices at a faster rate than the economy dictates. Not by a small amount either, but at a rate that has the appearance of: “We are doing it just because we can… “

I love my Canons but I have my limits. Price increases with no justification, is not a friendly way to do business. Canon is walking a dangerous line with this insane pricing. Nikon and Sony could really capitalize on Canon’s new attitude if they want to.

Some early examples of insane pricing.

• 600EX-RT Speedlite $629 (was $499 for the 580)
• EF24-70 2.8 II $2299 (was $1399)
• 1D X (fill in this blank)
• 5d Mark III $3499 (was $2499)
• G1 X $799 ($300 more than the G12)

Anyone have a prediction for the new 7D Mark II, T4i, or the 70D pricing?

I am as loyal a Canon customer as anyone can be, but this new pricing structure has me bitter and second guessing my choice in systems. I am not questioning their quality and dominance in the ranks, I just feel slighted with the insulting price increases.

Ken

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 70D Canon EOS 7D Canon PowerShot G12
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
moreNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow