Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doublehelix
Contributing MemberPosts: 742Gear list
Like?
Skin Tones (Redux)
Mar 3, 2012

I saw the other thread ("Struggling with Skin Tones" http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1006&message=40772034 ), and thought I would post my own problem so as not to dilute that other thread.

I have processed the attached image which looks fine on my (uncalibrated) monitor. When I print it however, the skin tones are way too dark, and look like fake tans. I have not had this problem before with this monitor/printer combination, and not sure if anyone has any suggestions. Faces have been processed in Portrait Professional which is probably a mistake since this was just originally a quick candid snapshot that my fiancee took with my camera one day when I was not around that she asked me to edit for her. She was not shooting in RAW, so it was just the large JPG as a starting point. It was a REALLY busy background with a lot of people standing in the background, etc. I did the best I could with the JPG, but for some reason, it looks terrible when printed.

I am eventually going to crop this to just show the upper half of their bodies and turn it into a "landscape" orientation image if I can get the crop ratios to work out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

James

Doublehelix's gear list:Doublehelix's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow