Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5
Canon EF 75-300mm f/4.0-5.6 III

Ones I Ready own:
Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS USM
Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
Canon Extender EF 2x II

It's all about Wildlife and Landscapes for me.
Are the good for wildlife and what should they be used for?

Wow, you've done a lot. and sounds like you're having fun in the process.

The only real dog you have there is the 75-300 but it only cost you $50 so we know it's a bargain anyway. You can always make money on that one. I'd keep the rest though. The 7D is a great camera and until you upgrade to full frame if you do, that collection will do fine except there's not normal zooms there. No big deal because many don't use a normal range much. You'll have to decide that for your style over time. Many never use the range from 22mm-70mm. For me, that excellent 50 f1.4 would probably be all I'd need.

For wildlife, that 70-300 IS USM and the 400 with converters has you totally covered in my opinion. The 70-300 would be great for shooting Tonk running around. Also try that 50 f/1.4 for Tonk chasing sticks. That will allow some room for cropping later.

Landscape is a little different in that we use anything, depending on the scene in front of us. I often shoot landscape with a lens similar to your 10-22, but sometimes I want a tighter view and move up to a 35mm, 50mm or 85mm telephoto. It depends a lot on how far away I am, but for now, I'd be loving your excellent new 10-22 for most of your landscape shooting. That is a superb lens and many think it's good enough that Canon should have put a red ring on it. When you need a little more, you've got that 50 prime again.

Anyway, take a bunch of pictures at the cabin and then load them into your gallery. Let me see ole Tonk again. I bet he loves it up there.

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Craig

Follow me on Twitter @craighardingsr : Equipment in Profile

Guidenet's gear list:Guidenet's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow