Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Antonios Chrysakis
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
My X10
Mar 3, 2012

I ordered my X10 a couple of days ago from Amazon and I can't be more happy.

I have been using many different cameras in the past but I am constantly trying to find the perfect camera for my needs (street photography and street portraits). I've been using an Leica M6, a Canon 40d and a Leica D-LUX 4.

i've been looking for something that matches my Leica M6 in style, invisibility and most of all quality and the only 2 cameras that matched those criteria where the x100 and x10. Of course an M9 would be great but I am not willing to remortgage my house to buy one.

You see the M6 has a big fundamental problem in my country: Greece (yes this bankrupt country you probably heard in the news), it's very expensive to use. Films cost anything between 4euros and 7,5euros for a good tri-x. As for developing last time I asked a camera store to develop a tri-x they asked for 7 euros.

Now the X100 looks great and is using the same 35mm lens as I've been using with the M6(35mm Voightlander 1.4) but the only reason i decided against it was it's age. I just didn't feel like spending 1k for a camera that in my opinion will pretty soon be upgraded.

The orbs/blobs/blibs/blabs or whatever you call them seem like problem and I am not going to pretend that they are not real, because simply they are. I just believe that they don't apply to my personal photographic style and conditions and I hope that they won't bother me a lot.

Anyway this is just a first post to say hi and I will be uploading photos and my short reviews when I get the camera and have time to use it.

By the way here are some recent street photos from Athens.

Thanks

-- hide signature --
Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 Leica D-LUX 4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow