X100 I am going to be honest!

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
UnChatNoir
New MemberPosts: 23Gear list
Like?
Re: X100 I am going to be honest!
In reply to ianbrown, Mar 3, 2012

I personally dislike Sony. They are not a camera manufacturer but an electronics giant. This is precisely the way they look at their customers: they are 'consumers'. When you're getting into trouble with a camera of let's say 2 years old, you will be considered exactly the same as if you were calling for service on a 2 years old television set (and they will be very surprised you didn't buy another one yet because for Sony, everything older than two years is really old). The NEX-range is primary intended for tech-geek 'point and shooters' and a lot less for real photographers. A lot of prosumers jumped to it because they saw two things in the specs: APS/C and 24MP. There are lot of other nice system camera's that adhere much more to the 'traditional' way of making pictures, and the X100 is one of them. I expect personally a lot of the X-Pro1, as it tends to provide you an affordable 'Leica' approach.

UnChatNoir's gear list:UnChatNoir's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow