X-Pro 1 & Voigtlander

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
inteliboy
Regular MemberPosts: 117
Like?
Re: X-Pro 1 & Voigtlander
In reply to MikeCD2020, Mar 3, 2012

Depends how you shoot really.

Personally I live and die by MF, it's a whole element of photography that I love... I'm thinking that:

• The X-Pro1 + some fast voigtlander glass will be amazing! I'm pumped about this idea and waiting to get my hands on a camera before ordering one.

• The X lens shots I've seen look a bit too clinical to me - which is great for most. But I like a bit of character.

• The X lens fly-by-wire focus doesn't sound very promising, nor the lack of a distance/dof scale.

• MF at wide apertures is absolutely fine for the kind of work I shoot. I find a after a while a good camera + lens melts away and becomes an extension of your eye - you can just shoot shoot shoot without missing focus.

• Despite what people on internet forums may say -- don't feel you need to stop down and widen your DOF on a fast lens simply to get focus, especially for portrait work... terrible advice...

• Investing in m-mount glass makes more sense as I'm sure a FF mirrorless camera will hit the market in the next few years.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow