Thank you Canon for the 5D Mark III, it's very sensible.

Started Mar 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ScottieC
Contributing MemberPosts: 643Gear list
Like?
Thank you Canon for the 5D Mark III, it's very sensible.
Mar 3, 2012

Thank you Canon for the 5D Mark III.

I was lusting over the 1D-X, and I was trying to figure out how to get it into my grubby hands. The 5D Mark III is MUCH more sensible for me, and does about 95% of what the 1D-X does. There are few trade-offs between the two, but really, the 5D Mark III will do everything I need and it addressed many of the wants I needed with the 5D Mark II.

The only thing I might do, is make a version of the 5D Mark III with a built in grip. I’m still not a fan of the add on grip, but that’s just a MINOR thing. Actually, I think you should make versions of all your DSLR’s with a built in grip. Have two versions of each, with and without built in grip.

I’m waiting on my tax return, once it’s here, I’m ordering it. I think it is worth the $3500 price. My niece will be happy to get my 5D Mark II, and I can say that the 7D has proven it’s worth against my aging 1D Mark II, so I think I’m actually going to retire it.

ScottieC's gear list:ScottieC's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +8 more
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow