ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 960
Like?
Spyder4 Pro; Luminance setting and measurement
Mar 3, 2012

Hi All,

I have a new Spyder4 Pro and have seen some recent threads about measuring and setting luminance in "real time" vs waiting for calibration to finish and then resetting brightness and re-calibrating again until you get it where you want.

I thought I'd comment in a new thread so I don't hijack any of the other threads.

It's not immediately obvious but if you go to Preferences you will find the option to "show RGB sliders" or something like it. After the initial few measurements the screen reports the values for temperature and luminance and shows where the RGB colors are in relation to each other. If you change the brightness control on the monitor and then click on the "update" button it will measure and report new values for luminance and temperature. Once you have luminance where you want it click "Continue" and it will go through the calibration cycle and give a final report. I have found that the calibration does not seem to change the brightness but reports the final values for temperature and luminance.

Still a lot to learn about using this device. The instruction seem to be written for the Elite and do not always differentiate between the models.

HTH,

Bob Schoner

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow