Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
thelensmeister
Contributing MemberPosts: 893
Like?
5DIII will sell in droves despite being 'overpriced'
Mar 2, 2012

I hate the 5DIII price just as much as the rest of you but tbh there are so many people out there that make their living with a 5DII currently that as a business decision they will simply purchase. This will really sell big time, Canon know this.

If the low light performance in both sensor and AF live up to expectations then every single Canon wedding photographer that runs a successful business will be upgrading probably with one body now to compliment the 5DII but later with two bodies as prices drop.

And that is why Canon can afford to come in at that price, becasue they know full well demand will outstrip supply for a good 6-12 months. Prices will fall after that I'm sure.

If i had the money I would jump at this body over the 1Dx, and as a 5D original user who has skipped the 5DII I will now have to wait a year or so... at least.

As far as I can see they have delivered with this body as long as performance is to be as expected. High FPS whingers just need to realise the 5D series was and will never be for them.

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow