Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DaleB82
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Corel vs. Adobe redux
Mar 2, 2012

If anyone remembers, I jumped into a thread (from which I expropriated part of this title) last month with a link to some informal observations on Photoshop vs. Paint Shop Pro in light of the reaction to Adobe's announced pricing model change.

Here's Part Two of that which covers the software I use the most - Lightroom - compared to AfterShot Pro. The piece includes some brief comments on LR4 and a few other off-mainstream software packages, so it relates to a few other threads on this forum as well.

To MikefromMesa: I wound up sprinkling in some observations about DxO (v.6) and am now, despite myself, getting ready to try v. 7. You can see on another thread - "My friend showed me DxO optics, looks incredible" somewhere a little down the list from here - that Dxo was able to solve a small CA problem that I couldn't fix with any of the packages I covered in the article.

Anyway, here it is (a real mini-epic :)). Enjoy:

http://www.bluedonkeyphotography.com/A_Modest_Exercise_Part_Two.pdf

DJB

DaleB82's gear list:DaleB82's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 700D Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +18 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow