G1X owners - is this a good camera for landscape photography?

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rich the Hiker
Regular MemberPosts: 316
Like?
G1X owners - is this a good camera for landscape photography?
Mar 2, 2012

Hi,

On the Canon forum as a current Panasonic LX5 owner. Good camera but I am looking to upgrade to larger sensor, better detail and clarity in landscape images, especially the far background of some photos. I am intrigued by the G1X with all in one lens, built in ND filter and deep depth of field minimum aperture of f11 or f16 ( not sure which it is).

I do a lot of mountain walking and scenery type photos, not interested in bulk or weight of a DSLR. Would G1X owners say this is a good camera for landscape photography, good upgrade features beyond my small sensor LX5 (at not too extortionate a cost versus eg NEX7 etc)? Lack of macro or fast AF shouldn't be a big deal breaker for landscapes I assume. High IQ and good DOF is what I seek.

The LX5 is probably equivalent of 22 or 23mm focal length at 16:9 aspect ratio and I also have the 18mm wide angle lens for it too which is a big plus. Is there going to be a wide angle lens/adapter for G1X?
Thanks for advice.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow