Started Mar 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
WaltKnapp
Forum ProPosts: 13,638
Like?
Re: A65 + Tamron 18-270mm?
In reply to v11f, Mar 2, 2012

v11f wrote:

Hi romicva,

But ... I read that the Tamron goes soft at the long end ? Will I notice this ? I am definately nowhere close to being at top level, just want to have fun and take good pics, finding low-light perf not good and long end never in focus of the FZ ...

I've been using one since they were first released for a one lens solution in my much bigger kit of other choices. It's been sharp at the long end for me, a user of the lens.

Nothing you can buy in a lens will do it all. Interchangeable lens cameras are intended to give you the option of having a system of multiple lenses for different photographic uses rather than the single fixed lens of bridge cameras that had to do it all. The "compromise" with the 18-270 is it's widest aperture not being all that wide. But in this day of huge ISO ranges and even excellent flashes that's not much of a handicap. I use the 18-270 in pretty low outdoor lights and get very good photos. Modern wide ranging zooms are much better than those quoting old information about older wide ranging zooms would imply.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow