Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DGB2
Regular MemberPosts: 241Gear list
Like?
Comparing Panny 14-45 and 14-42x Zooms
Mar 2, 2012

I purchased the 14-42X zoom lens about three weeks ago. Of course, as luck would have it, the lens was delivered on the same day that DPReview posted their review of the GX1. Since then I have carefully checked hundreds of photos taken with the 14-42X, but I have yet to find any of the blurring and doubling of image issues that others have found with their copies of the lens. This included running some controlled tests on a tripod, and also checking many photos from my everyday shooting.

I also have the Panny 14-45 zoom and have decided to just keep one, so yesterday I took both lenses with me to Barnsley Gardens, Georgia to test them side by side. Below are some of the test photos. They were all shot with Panasonic G3, standard photo style, contrast and saturation at 0, sharpness and noise reduction at -1. No post processing, straight out of the camera JPEGs, with a few crops to look a little closer at detail. All hand held so you will see slight variations in the perspective of the photo.

14-45 photos first followed by the 14-42X photo.

I see very little difference between them. There are slight variations in color. The 14-42X looks a little more yellow to me. But all other diffences are probably due to hand holding the camera.

I would appreciate your comments.

Dennis

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YesNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow