ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Harry Hotspur
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
Choice of Camera.....5D3 OR 5D2
Mar 2, 2012

Hope you are all fit and well today....

My dilemma........I was all set to purchase the 5D mk 2 next week as a retirement gift to myself when today they have announced the mk3. What do you think I should do?!

I am an experienced amateur photograper but this was to be my first experience of full frame and Canon in general as up to now I have been an Olympus user. I could afford the mk 3 but it does seem to have been pitched at a very high price. However I had already decided the lenses I would get with the mk 2 and that choice may have to be compromised somewhat if I purchased the vastly more expensive mk 3. At the moment you can pick up the mk2 body for around £1399 in the UK which is about $2220 I think. Thats a bit of a bargain I think and a huge price difference to the £3000 they have priced the mk3 at. I am inclined to stick with my original choice of the mk2 but my head has been well and truly turned as if i were to go for the mk 3 i would be future proofing as well.....so before I take the plunge does anybody have any strong advise or has thought of something I probably havnt?!
Regards

Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow