WFT E7 for 5D MKIII What's going on Canon?

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
studiomk
Regular MemberPosts: 209
Like?
WFT E7 for 5D MKIII What's going on Canon?
Mar 2, 2012

For both my event photography, but more importantly my general photography I utilise WiFi to transmit small jpgs to either computers for onsite printing or to my iPad for client reference. I was really hoping for a built in WiFi, or at least some thought being put into this element bearing in mind the modern preference for immediacy as regards access to images.

Canon why on why have you resorted back to a cable connection for your WFT E7 on the Canon 5D MKII? It have used Wipics, WFT E1, Eye Fi, and was about to pull the trigger on a WFT E4 for my 5D MKII.

AlL I can say is that I hope your dual card sd slot works well with my Eye Fi cards as I for one would not want to resort back to cables to connect to the WFT. As in working situations cameras are hanging over shoulders, bouncing against body/hip whilst you arrange models etc the protruding cables are so vunerable to damage... You have not even supplied 90 degree reduced protrusion discrete cables! What were you thinking?

As I say, lets hope that Canon either come up with another connection method although I gather from this that the connection point on the base of the camera like the 5D MKII, 40D, 50D, 7D is not present?

Can you at least then work with Eye Fi to supply a firmware update to increase functinality with their SD cards in the on camera menu?
--
John Cooper
http://www.studiomk.co.uk

Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow