Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
PHOTOJOE55
Regular MemberPosts: 450Gear list
Like?
Nikon to keep D700 in lineup, but at what price
Mar 2, 2012

When the D800 came out, and Nikon didn't remove the D700 from their lineup, I thought it was just something they would get to, but it's been a while now. I called their tech line and they told me that it's still in production. I was told that there's still a good demand for the D700. I asked about the price, but they said it's $2,695.00 that was only like a $100.00 drop. But today, B&H listed their price at $2,395.00
so I called them, but over the phone the price dropped to $2,295.00

So, it's starting to look like a bargain now. When I bought mine when it first came out, I saw an internal receipt that was on the counter. What I saw was their price, back then at $2,250.00 So from the start the dealers were making close to $700.00

As time went by, it came down to $2,695.00 I think that soon, they can be bought for maybe $2,200.00 At that price, it's looking even better. But it just goes to show you, how much "play" the dealers had all the while.

If you deducted Nikon's profit, it makes me wonder how much (or how little) it's costing Nikon to make these cameras. The D800's made (globally) in Taiwan may follow the same path, and may be worth it to wait a bit, just to see what happens.

(The ones from Taiwan may cost less than the others) If the D700's come down a little more, I might buy another, but I'll be tracking the D800'S and noting the prices. It's worth it to do your homework and save some money on these apparently "cheap to build cameras" ... Joe Prete

PHOTOJOE55's gear list:PHOTOJOE55's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon D300 +16 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow