is what is not in the picture important? (GX1+ 7-14)

Started Mar 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Vittorio Fracassi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,348Gear list
Like?
is what is not in the picture important? (GX1+ 7-14)
Mar 2, 2012

Cannot remember who said: “sometimes what’s important is what is not in the picture”.

An example could be that of depicting empty spaces which have a history of being densely populated and intensely used. Following this concept I took pictures of laboratories, raw wool storage cells and corridors of an empty textile mill which from the early 20th century hosted hundreds of workers, equipment, furniture and heaps of raw wool.

Now I know the story and saw the same places 40 years ago in full swing and obviously for me today's aspect of abandon and emptiness is easy to catch. But does this same sense arise in an uninformed viewer?

+++

+++

+++

+++

+++

+++

+++

Technically the images could be of interest to this Forum for the combined use of a relatively new M4/3 body (GX1) with the star of M4/3 wides the Pan 7-14. Converging leading lines, forefront subjects, fine textures were well dealt with in my opinion by this handy kit, hand-held with a wide range of ISO settings.

I am curious to know your answer to the “emotional” question and with regards to the technical performance: please comment.

Regards, Vittorio

Vittorio Fracassi's gear list:Vittorio Fracassi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow