5D Mark 4 vs. elephant in the room (D800) What do you all hope for?

Started Mar 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
Fotogroup
Forum MemberPosts: 78
Like?
NOT DESIGNED FOR THE WORKING PRO's.
In reply to Apewithacamera, Mar 1, 2012

Why do so many forget the purpose of this Forum is to discuss the Canon Professional Camera line up? Canon Fanboys and "I wish I could afford one and become a Pro and make all that money" types, need to understand that for those of us who use these tools, and yes, a particular camera is just a tool used to make a living, well thought out information from our peers, is why come here.

It does appear that for working Professional, Studio/Wedding, Fine Art, and Landscape shooters, the newest 5D falls far short of what we had hoped for, at least on paper. I remember when Canon began to steal Nikon's thunder and Market share. I now see that reversed in terms of the D800's specifications and price.

Our Customers are not coming to us for Video. We know we can't shoot stills and video at the same time and do a Professional job with each. Portraits, Sport Team Packages, Weddings, Senior's, all call for still images. This is where we make our slim livings.

It does appear Canon sees their Market as now consisting of Consumer Level DSLR's and Video Production types. They must feel that there is little profit for them now in the World of Commercial and Studio Photography. It boils down to a Business decision on their part, and clearly the 5D3 shows we are not part of their equation.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow