Indoor Lowlight sports problems

Started Feb 28, 2012 | Discussions thread
xhibit4
Junior MemberPosts: 26
Like?
Re: Indoor Lowlight sports problems
In reply to xhibit4, Mar 1, 2012

Here are new shots, it's the best of the 4 rinks light wise. Set the camera to "M", 3200 ISO and f2.8, AI servo, put the scoreboard operator on the ice, stood pretty close to him and focused on his face, shutter speed should have been 1/250 by the meter, so I compromised from 1/400 and went with 1/320.

Pix look over-exposed to me but the LCD does not let you see that, have to learn more about reading the nuances of the Histogram, which did show the right-hand spike from the ice, but there was no blinking. Faces are more visible, the dark green "M" comes up as such. Lot of soft focus shots, not sure how much can be attributed to shutter speed or not perfectly accurate Auto-focus because of all the ice.

Overall a result that starts to let me figure out how to get better at shooting Ice hockey, Flyers Cup starts next Friday. Tks for your suggestion everyone, sure I'll be posting new questions in the future.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
imqqmi MOD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow