Nikon vs. Canon: How the tables have turned!

Started Feb 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Faintandfuzzy
Senior MemberPosts: 3,328Gear list
Like?
Re: Well....
In reply to quadrox, Mar 1, 2012

quadrox wrote:

Daniel Lee Taylor wrote:

The unlabeled crops I've posted proved it in regard to the 5D2/7D at lower ISOs since not one single FF or 5D2 fan could tell me which came from which.

Could you please provide a link to that thread/post? I own both cameras and I believe I can see the difference, I would love to take a look at your unlabeled pictures to see if I'm simply biased or if I will be unable to determine a difference.

I posted these samples in a comparison I did from Raw files. These are set to mimic what a 16x24 print looks like. What I found is that the differences in sharpening, contrast levels and paper choice produced more differences than any real difference out of the camera.

As well, Be Jacobsen did a comparison between the two for a landscape image. The differences produced by different lenses was more than any difference between the cameras. Even at 100% screen views, they are tiny. You can download his images here:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=913638

Here's the 5D2 and 7D comparison. It sure started some flame wars with some peopkle claiming it "can't be so."

Faintandfuzzy's gear list:Faintandfuzzy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Nikon Coolpix 950 Olympus E-10 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
NopeNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow