Started Mar 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
trcdrom
Junior MemberPosts: 41
Like?
Which Wacom Tablet?
Mar 1, 2012

Before I ask this question I will give a little info on my "photography profile". I am not a professional and do not need this for work. I shoot with a Nikon D200 (soon to upgrade) and good lens'. I consider myself an advanced amateuer as well as very technical. The last item is that as a whole I do not like post processing (I try to take the picture I want upfront and keep the post down to cropping and MAYBE some contratrast and brightness changes). I would like to "play" with a tablet to try some more creative items and maybe realize the power of more post porcesssing. I am using Photoshop CS5 and may also start with Lightroom.

I just went to the Wacom website and then to the Staples website to see what they had in stock. There are many different tablets avaiable and I do not know which one I want/need.

I would like a medium or large one. The small ones I have seen were a little challenging to work with.

Even narrowing down the size to medium (large were too expensive) there were still several options.

I would like to ask the group these questions

1) Which tablet do you use / do you like it What do you like/dislike?

2) Knowing how the tablets work / If you were to buy a new one today which one would you buy (and why)

3) What are the REAL differences in in the features (e.g. is there a real difference between 1024 levels of sensitivity for pen pressure and 2048 levels)

Thank you.

Nikon D200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow