Problems with K5 & FA*300 4.5

Started Feb 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
pentx4life
Contributing MemberPosts: 530Gear list
Like?
Re: Problems with K5 & FA*300 4.5
In reply to Greyser, Mar 1, 2012

Hey Greyser!

With your excellent TC results I'd do the same It does not really hunt like the typical behaviour of a macro lens, moving from one end of the range to the other end. really more or less changing the focus distance about 1-2% if one can say that... point is, it doesn't with the K-r.... and that is what really annoys me.

If you have a K-r could you mabye check if it does these small adjustments there, too... or not.

I am wondering If I have a bad copy showing strange behaviour, a bad K5.... or else... AF works in such a bad way, that I am thinking about selling the lens. I guess that that should not be the case with a lens... (bought it for 650€, so I guess I can sell it for that too... if I wanted)

Thank you!
Kevin

Greyser wrote:

I use my FA*300/4.5 almost exclusively with 1.4X TC on K-5. It hunts occasionally, and sometimes it makes smaller AF adjustments similar to what you are talking about. However it does not do it constantly. I use center point AF also almost exclusively.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow