Not convinced about OVF-less mirrorless cameras

Started Feb 13, 2012 | Discussions thread
shigzeo ?
Senior MemberPosts: 1,015Gear list
Like?
Re: Not convinced about OVF-less mirrorless cameras
In reply to PJ711, Mar 1, 2012

Back in the prime days, reporters would carry several cameras, wide, normal, and telephoto lenses attached. I prefer to carry one canon p and one canon 7, the latter attached to a long or fast lens, the former attached to a wide angle like a 35. But then again, my canons cost less than 400$ for two.

For normal everyday walkabouts, I tend to like just a 50 or a 35. Simple pleasure.

By the way, I checked out the xpro1 and found it to be wonderful in the hand, with very light weight, but the viewfinder was abysmally small in comparison to the canon p which isn't quite as good as the M3 or the canon 7.

I suppose they did it with such low magnification because of the crop sensor that must stand in for 28-90~mm equivalent in the viewfinder. I would prefer a 35~mm at the widest and keep the same long lens equivalence. Too small, too squinty for this glasses wearer. The entry pupil is very small and still the exit pupil isn't as nice as a lowly canon p.

It is a step in the right direction, however.

PJ711 wrote:

why would anyone have 3 of the same camera? Silver, black, and Hammertone? Or is it the small, medium and large finders?

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shigzeo/
Advice/criticism/appreciation appreciated!

shigzeo ?'s gear list:shigzeo ?'s gear list
Nikon D200 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7R +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow