Nokia 808 Pureview 41 Megapixel Phone : How This Phone Compares To N8 In Low Light?

Started Mar 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ryder78
Contributing MemberPosts: 546
Like?
Nokia 808 Pureview 41 Megapixel Phone : How This Phone Compares To N8 In Low Light?
Mar 1, 2012

Dear knowledgeable folks. Pardon my ignorance as my technical knowledge on how all this works is pretty limited. I've looked up on the Nokia 808 Pureview but am still not entirely sure if this phone is as impressive as it sounds. We all know marketing is a powerful tool these days that may not reflect on the actual quality or performance of the device that is advertised.

Questions as follows:-

1) Does this phone really have a true 41 megapixel resolution? I've read somewhere that the image is downsampled to 5MP or something like that, and the 41MP is an oversampled version. What is the true megapixel of this phone if it's not 41MP?

2) On paper 41MP and a large sensor look good. Theoretically it will perform well in low light. Does this phone improve on the N8 in low light, practically? Most smartphones produce decent pictures in bright light, and it is in low light where these phones fail, producing grainy pictures with a lot of noise. The N8 is no exception. Does the 808 Pureview produce better pictures in low light with the larger sensor and higher pixel count?

3) Anybody tried this Nokia 808 Pureview? Is this the current smartphone with the best camera?

Any advice appreciated.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow