wildlife-- 400 f2.8 with TC or 600 f4?

Started Feb 25, 2012 | Discussions thread
henne
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
Re: wildlife-- 400 f2.8 with TC or 600 f4?
In reply to Humanoid, Feb 29, 2012

Tack sharp is a subjective term, and there will even be people using that term about the Bigma.

And no, I have not been using two defective copies of the 600VR to reach the same conclusion as many others, including Bjørn Rörslett regarding their TC-friendliness.

But I am probably more critical in the use of the term "tack sharp" than most in here, and I have no intention of devaluating the term to please the crowd.

And remember it is all relative, as in the 400VR and 500VR taking TC's better than the 600VR, which is still my experience.

Nice bird-images, which proves my point as far as I can see, the naked lens would have performed better, debate only goes as to whether it would be 40% better.

And I agree on your view on weight, where hauling glass makes sense to get great pictures.

Humanoid wrote:

Thats nonsense on the 600 not taking TC's well. That copy must be a poor one and my first copy was, but the second copy is stellar.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow