ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ddushko
Forum MemberPosts: 94
Like?
Custom printer profiles and bronzing
Feb 29, 2012

Hi everybody,

Since several months I am a happy refiller replacing the OEM Canon BCI6 ink with OCP. I have got several test packs of different papers and I am still trying to find the best ink-paper combination, especially for the cheaper papers. My problem is that on one of my favorite cheap paper (Ilford Photo Everyday Semi-Gloss 190 g/m2) there is clearly visible bronzing in the very dark regions. The situation is even worse on a Kodak Premium Photo Paper which is glossy. I could ignore that and search for other cheap options, but the bronzing is also visible on my mostly used (with the OEM inks) Ilford Premium Plus Pearl 270 g/m2 paper.

I have read that there is a way to cut or clip the very dark tones in the Spyder3Print software, which I am using, but there were no details on how to do that. I was trying to export a curve from the SmartCurve Plugin (acv file) and import it into the Spyder soft.The result is a very dark print. I am suspecting that shape of the curve is interpolated differently from the Spyder soft comparing to the curve I see in SmartCurve.

My only success up to now is to use the Relative Colorimetric intent and set the Black Point Compensation to ON when printing from Qimage. This helps on the 190 g/m2 Ilford paper, but not on the other ones.

So, generally can somebody point me to a detailed description on how to tweak the Spyder3Print profile or what else can be done in order to minimize the bronzing effect as mush as possible.

Thanks in advance

ddushko

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow