Started Feb 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
FlossTycoon
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,871
Like?
S1, S2, S3, S5 Wednesday thread 2012.02.29 leap day
Feb 29, 2012

Happy leap day 2012. For all you bachelors out there this is the day your sweethearts can ask for your hand in marriage and not break tradition. So be careful or be glad.

Last week it was the owls in MT, they look so soft and cuddly. They would bit you and try to scratch your eyes out if you just grabbed one. If I had not taken the owl photos I would probaby posted some iguana photos from the trip south. I am sure they would bite you and try to scratch your eyes out if you grabbed one.

All are taken with the D40x and the Sigma 50mm-150mm f2.8 lens which makes a nice compact package which along with the Nikkor 16mm-85mm VR II make a really nice fanny pack package for traveling.

For the iguana series taken on St Thomas, British Virgin Islands I set the iso to 200 and used a shutter speed of 1/640. The f stops were in the f3.2 to f4.6 range. Not much DOF but I tried to keep the eyes in focus

A token train photo. Actually, last Wednesday I drove off to Bozeman, MT to the camera store called f11 which is my nearest Nikon dealer. They had the Nikkor 16mm-35mm f4 VR in stock so I added an FX really wide angle. Again the lens is on the D40x and is at 20mm.

Thanks to mmmmmmm Dave for posting last week when DPR was experiencing difficulties getting posts noted on the forum page for over 14 hours. I could find what I had posted with the owl photos if I went to my user page and searched for recent activity but it would not lite up in the normal way. Dave's post was really interesting and it helped keep the S5 tradition alive. Thanks, Dave for taking the time to share.

-- hide signature --

Alan, in Montana

Casio Exilim EX-S5 Nikon D40X Panasonic Lumix DMC-S2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-S3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
TomNew
JoeNew
BobNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow